prime student

How to Play Muddy Waters on Cigar Box Guitar



by Shane Speal
Muddy Waters was one of my very first heroes when I was introduced to the blues.  He had the swagger and the bravado like no other man who has walked this earth.  
He also had a badass guitar technique played with reckless abandon.
After making my first cigar box guitar almost 25 years ago, I realized that a lot of Muddy's early electric blues easily converted to 3-string slide cigar box guitar, tuned Open G (GDG).  In fact, most of Muddy's early material on Aristocrat and Chess records was recorded in the key of G.  (Thank you for that, Muddy...)







Here are the first three lessons in my ongoing series dedicated to the Mannish Boy.  Subscribe to my Youtube channel to be notified on every new video posted.  


Aucun commentaire:

Messages les plus consultés